Introductory ESDM Parent Coaching Workshop
Stay tuned for the next four-session Zoom workshop to explore the foundations of coaching families through the ESDM. Combining group learning with self-guided activities, early childhood professionals will gain both knowledge and practical skills for helping families plan, practice, reflect, and problem solve in a supportive, safe learning environment. Previous experience or certification in the ESDM is not necessary to take this workshop. Class size is limited to 10 to maximize the online learning experience.
Learners completing this workshop will:
- Define parent coaching and its "active ingredients" for family-centered care.
- Name stages of behavior change to assess parent motivation (or readiness, willingness, and ability) to take action toward desired outcome(s).
- List evidence-based coaching tools of joint planning, observation, active practice, reflection, and problem-solving with parents.
- Recognize active listening strategies that support communication and feedback from parents, including sample resource handouts for coaching.
- Evaluate parent coaching language and actions with manualized fidelity tools.